made with potatos
There are some recipes in our lives that we feel binded to, just because of the story behind it.
Usually these recipes are those that left us a mark since we were just kids. They have been there to confort us in difficult times or just renforce the feeling of safety when we need it the most, i compare these recipes to the feeling of being under the blankets during Winter, it’s something so satisfying that also makes us feel protected.
The Orange cakes always transport me to that particular moment of my life when only one thing mattered for me, that was to watch Disney movies and discover how video games worked.
In order to recreate the properties of the dairy products in this récipe i used my firsts knowledges of vegan pastry, at that moment i used to use a lot of vegetables and fruits to obtain the hidration and fluffiness i was looking for.
Lately we see more and more the use of transformed products in vegan bakery but sometimes we can achieve the same results with natural ingredients as you’ll see with this recipe
- 100g of pealed potato
- 100g of water
- Zest of 1 green lime
- Zest of 1 orange
- 180g of sugar
- 218g of all purpose flour
- 11g of baking powder
- 1 pintch of baking soda
- 90g of Orange juice
- 130g of oil (a neutral one)
- 1 hand blender or a regular one
- 3 bowls
- 1 sieve
- 1 pot
- 1 whisk
- 1 scale
- 1 cake mold
- Parchment Paper
- Weight the ingredients
- Sieve the dry ingredients and pour them in a bowl
- Mix in another bowl the sugar with the zests
- Boild the water with the 100g of pealed potatos
- When the potatos are done, drain the water.
- Blend the potatos with the 100g of water
- Pour the parfumed sugar on the dry ingredients mix
- Integrate the potato mix to the dry ingredients.
- Pour the Orange juice and stir it all up
- At the end we add the oil, and we stop stiring from the moment we do not see any oil traces.
- Putt he mix into the oiled and floured moldo r covered with parchment paper.
- Put in preheated oven at 180C/ 356F for 40 min – 1h
- Let it cool before demolding .