with vegan cheese
- 50g Olive oil*
- 20g Blond sugar
- 100g water
- 350g all purpose flour
- 3g salt
- 1 vegan cheese bloc *
- 1L oil to fry*
- 1 bowl
- Cutting board
- 1 pot
- 1 Rolling pin
- 1 Balance
- Stand Mixer
- The oil can be replaced by a neutral oil like sunflower seeds oil.
- Try to chose a kind of vegan cheese that will melt, avoid the kind of vegan cheese that looks like goat cheese, they has usually more water and it can be dangerous while frying.
- You can also use chocolat bars to do a dessert version of it. Or you can do your own chcolate bars by freezing your favorite spreading chocolat in a rectagular mold.
- You can use less oil if you dont have a frier. A little and deep casserole will do the work, or if you have an airfryer you can try with it.
- Heat the water, oil and sugar until 70°C, avoid the ebullition point.
- Put the flour and the salt in a bowl
- Slowly pour the hot liquid to the dry ingredients and let the bakery robot work for 10min and then let it cool at the fridge another 10min.
- Cut the vegan cheese or the chocolate into sticks of 1cm.
- Spread the dough with the roller and try to get a rectangle of 4mm of
- Put a bit of flour to avoid the dough to stick, and then roll the dough
- Cut the roll into stripes of 1cm of width.
- Take the sticks of vegan cheese or chocolate from one of the sides and pass the stripes in rder to cover two faces of the stick.
- Finally roll the stick with the dough being sure that the filling is well covered and there’s no blanks.
- Fry the tequenos in the fryer for 6-7min at 170°C.