with Objet Fetiche's caramel
For the cake
- 80g Olive Oil*
- 80g Blond sugar
- 1 tbsp Appel vinegar*
- 200g Silky Tofu
- 100g All purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp vanilla bean powder
- 8g Corn starch
- 11g baking powder
For the 3-Leches cream
- 90g Caramel à tartiner Objet Fétiche
- 50g Vanilla soy milk
- 50g Soy cream
- 140g Aquafaba
- 140g Blond sugar
- 50g icing sugar
- 2 Bowls
- 1 fork or a whip
- 1 Balance
- Baking sheets paper
- Manual Mixer
- Mesuring spoons or 1 tsp and 1tbsp.
- 1 round mold of 10cm diametre
- Stand mixer or a beater
- The oil can be replaced by a netral oil like sunflower seeds oil.
- The apple vinegar can be replaced by lemon juice.
- The quatitiies proposed for the meringue cream can be reduced in a half unless you decide to do a meringue instead.
- To create a more aesthetic dessert you can do a meringue, and to do it you’ll need also 14g of corn starch that you’ll add after putting the sugar. You’ll have enough meringue to do it twice in case one goes wrong.
- Consider that to achieve a vegan meringue it will need between 45min or 1h30 in the oven at 100 ° C with the ventilation option.
For the cake:
- Pre heat the oven at 180 °C
- Put in a bowl the tofu, the sugar, the vanilla, the appel vinegar and ix it all with the manual mixer by adding the oil slowly.
- In another bowl put the flour, the salt and the baking soda.
- Slowly pour the dry ingredients into the tofu mix, to avoid lumps.
- Pour the mix into the mold already covered with the baking sheets and put it in the oven for 45min or until its cooked.
Pour la crème meringuée:
- Whip the aquafaba with the bakery robot or the beater at all speed by 5min aprox.
- Pour the blond sugar and then the icing sugar slowly.
- Slowly pour the corn starch if you chose to do a meringue
- Let it whip for 10 min or until firm.
For the 3-leches cream:
- Mix the soy milk, the caramel and the cream together.
- To simplify you the shore, you can unmold the cake to remove the paper sheets en then put the cake back in, to put some holes on it with a fork to allow it to soak all the cream that you are going to put in.
- Finally to decorate the cake you’ll put the cream meringue on top by doing any form you like, this cream starts losing air from day two but it will resist a few days.
- Let it cool in the freezer and serve.